Wednesday, 1 January 2014

College sketchbook work

     These are a few photographs of a sketchbook from my favourite college project 'Identity'. The reason this project was one of my favourites is because with the theme of the project being 'identity' I was able to explore it in a more photographic way and I was able to experiment with different medias and techniques. Such as: digital photography, traditional photography, darkroom prints and photoshop editing.











And for my final outcome for this project, I created a 'timeline' photo album with some of these photographs and experiments as well as new ones. 


These are my particular favourite experiments/photographs from this project:




I created these three experimental photographs in Photoshop, using a range of tools such as 'burn', 'sharpen', 'overlay', 'multiply' and layering different primary photographs on top of each other. 
The reason that I prefer these experiments to my other experiments is because, I feel, they express different movements and feelings. They create a sense of mystery. Is the photo fact and what you see is correct or is it just 'fantasy' ? 

Another piece which I particularly prefer but wasn't created in Photoshop is this one: 


I created this by simply ripping two photographs in half and the sticking them together. The reason that I like this experiment in particular is because one photo is of my great-grandad and the other is of my youngest brother and I thought it would be interesting to montage together because of the huge age gap between my 85-year-old great-grandad and my 8-year-old brother. And to see how different they look to each other or even how similar they may look. 




No comments:

Post a Comment